Taking Inventory












It is the end of the year and time to take inventory. I'm doing this literally and figuratively for the next few days. Not because it's the end of the year (though that works too), but because I have some free time and can really focus on it! 

First step is some easy stuff.
  • Oil Inventory - I get loads of free oils and supplements from Young Living. I am working on a spread sheet of my excess so I can order efficiently.  This will also help when a friend calls and asks if I have an extra oil they are desperate for. 


Oils in use. 
                                                           
My extras!                                                                                

Almost all my extras were free! Click the young Living Tab  at the top to learn how you can get free stuff!


Next, more easy stuff. 
  • Water and more water! I actually drink plenty of liquids and already kicked my diet Coke habit in the summer. But looking at what I consume has shown me that more water and less coffee wouldn't hurt. ;) 
  • Back to Dash Diet/Paleo style eating.  I love my veggies so this isn't as hard for me either. The thing is to stay away from my personal pit falls. Things like bagel chips and too much cheese are much more tempting than sweets or potato chips. 
Okay now for the harder things (for me).
  • Exercise every day. Bleh... I clean and shop and scrub and chase after our big dog all day long.  True exercise though is not my strong suit. If I am going to live the next 40 years strong and well I have to get my big behind moving with purpose! Maybe my behind won't be so big if I do. The plan is Pilates, ballet bar, and some Just Dance with the kids.
  • Time to clean out my home-school hoard. I have two in college and one finishing Jr high. All those elementary books in the attic are being wasted. Anyone else struggle with cleaning out because the mess in the middle of the process it just too daunting?

My home-school closet, there are 3 or 4 Rubbermaid tubs filled with curriculum too, 
Just writing all this down is making my want to clean out a drawer or something. Just to mark it off a list and feel like I have accomplished something.  

I know you are thinking it is the the New Year Itch. Make this one count- better than last year. For me it is more than a new year, it is a new phase of life. Both my older children are moving off to college in the fall of 2016. I will go from home-school mom of three to just one. He will be in high school in the fall. YIKES! 

When did they all grew up and became independent? I don't know. It seems like a blink, like life on fast forward. I know the kids are ready, I have been preparing them their whole lives. Now it is my turn. I need some preparing too. To prepare to wear a different title. To change my schedule, from 5-6 hours of school to, what?  

God has already started my feet on the path. I'm teaching at a home school group once a week. I teach a few essential oil classes here and there. I teach ladies Bible Study weekly. I'm blogging. So as I look back on the last few sentences I see I am still a teacher, just in new ways. 

I'm also a learner. The free time to study, read, and grow is coming. I'm excited! New things are coming. I need to purge to allow the room for growth and new things in my life. 

Some things I am letting go of, or at least trying to:
  • Past hurts
  • Things I might use one day
  • I don't love it- I don't need it
  • I love it but its so worn out I need to replace it
  • Unrealistic expectations for myself and others
  • Perfectionism stopping me from trying

Some things I am adding in:
  • More time in the Word / with God
  • Exercise (still not excited, but motivated)
  • Scheduled classes for oils and and sewing
  • Sewing time just for ME (joy and giggles)
  • Better budget tracking - college, braces, medical, Oh my!
  • Re-do days, because I need to start over sometimes
Now to put it all into practice and give myself some grace when life changes my plans for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage