Summer Slowdown

This is the summer of transition and boy do I feel it. In one month both of my daughters will move out of state to college.   We had to take time out and escape to the country. I needed some time with my parents and sister and the kids did too.  

Giant old magnolia.
Rolling hills in all directions...

Cicada shell hanging out in the secret garden. It's really no secret, but my son named it so. It is this neat little area with a trellis entrance under an old apple tree. 
The sounds are so different away from the city. The Bob Whites were calling in the pasture, along with the cow birds. The hum of all the invisible insect life was amazing.

One of the many treasures, a painting by my grandmother.


I know it's a mess, but I was a spring roll making machine! This keeps me on track with my weight watchers. See that old cutting board, it has to be at least 50 years old. 

One of the many beautiful pastures. 

 We even got to spend some time with my brother and his family and see my nephew baptized in his pool. So many blessings and special moments crammed into four days.

and don't forget it! 

I just have to say that my mom keeps her environment beautiful.  She doesn't do it alone. My sis and her hubby do tons trying to keep things they way mom always did when she could all on her own. I got to help with this little project a month back. 


Yup, flowers make everything better, especially under a weeping peach tree. 

Hibiscus larger than a dinner plate. 


The neighbors brought over double yolk eggs. They look like goose eggs they are so big! Fresh eggs are the best. The little white egg is a store bought large egg for comparison. 

A few days of ranch living really resets the mind and soul. We played board games every night, and sat in the shade and listened to nature. There was a musical marathon with grandma, and reminiscences,  and some dreaming, and quiet time just being together. 

I don't know how others find their center, but this does it for me... Cattle lowing in the pastures, dust rising off the red gravel roads, huge round hay bales, bright starry nights, exploring kids, big family meals, laughter, and love. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage