Setting up my new sewing space!

My two daughters both moved out of state to attend college this August. This is how I have been consoling myself for the last month. That is my hubby has done much of the work and I have chosen all the fun colors and furniture. :) 

The room before we started. 
New paint makes it cheery and bright! It is Tiffany blue. 

Sewing corner! I put this on the wall with the door so when you look into the room you don't see the sewing mess if there is one. ;)  I have had this sewing unit for many years and it works perfectly for me. It can fold away  into a sideboard. New ironing board cover because everything has to match. I put the ironing board at chair height so I can just swivel and press. Saves my back too! The ironing board and iron have a hanger in the closet for when I am not using them. 
I LOVE this desk shelf unit. The shelf can rotate to make a corner or L-shaped space. My hubby found the chair for me and changed the casters to wood floor friendly ones. It matches so well! Yes, that is the IKEA button rug. It makes me happy.

  
This is how it looks now. I have my favorite hand-made fashion doll on display and all my extra oils where I can see what I have. I found a fun file holder that matches and looks more like a leather bag. My hubby also painted the bottom of my dress form and added casters! It will soon be recovered.
A better view of the shelves. I updated the little chair pincushion on the top shelf to match the new room decor. 

Of course, I had to make a new pincushion to match the room. 

I now have a good working space! The walls need artwork and there are a few other things missing but It is functional, bright and my own space.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage