Life Update (part 1) The General Stuff.


Where to begin? So much has changed in less than a year. Here is what has happened since moving to Kansas in September of 2018.

1. I am no longer teaching sewing in the classroom. (insert tears here) I still hope to teach again. I love it and miss it. A few attempts at video tutorials have been made. I am still figuring it all out. The editing software has made it very frustrating and I need to get the videos more polished.
You can see what I have been working on here: Sewing and Such


2. Some of my time has been spent staying with my parents and helping my sister out in the country. I have always done this, but there have been some surgeries, etc in the last few months.  I can't explain how being in this particular place with my family recharges me. 



Stunning sunset at the ranch.

3. As always with moving we had to set up new doctors and dentists. But having a child with a rare disease makes changing doctors an event. We have been traveling from Oklahoma to Texas for treatment for him for 5 years. It would have been an 8-hour drive one way to continue his care in Texas. 

One week after moving I began the process of setting up appointments and transferring files for his new doctors. We are so thankful that the transition was smooth and he has had amazing care here like he did in Dallas.

I will do a separate post on his health update next week. There is a lot to say!
Looking down at Kansas City from the WWI museum tower.

4. We still haven't found a church... It's just hard. We came from a place that was home for us with many close relationships. Our kids grew up there. So, still looking. 

5. I am learning how to be a mom to grown kids. I still have one at home but he is working, starting junior college in the fall, and it is just different. We have just a little over a year of homeschool left with him. (more tears)

6. No vegetable garden for me this year. Our new home is lovely and has a beautiful yard, but it is shady and not good for veggies at all. I am learning all about shade plants and gardening in a cooler climate. Parts of the front are nice and sunny though!




7. Basements are the bomb! I love having a basement here. When we moved in, it had a finished bathroom and office in the basement but we finished off the rest after Christmas. I have my sewing studio down there in the original office and the new area is a great hang out space for my son and his friends. 




8. It has been fun exploring the Kansas City area. There are so many museums, new restaurants, and lovely parks in the area. 


Check out the Nelson Atkins Museum where I took this pic!

9. We are all settled into our new house but I am still finding my community.  We have very nice neighbors and I am "putting myself out there" trying new things and getting to know new people. 

10. This is nothing new, but I have more ideas than time. Sometimes I find this overwhelming and I don't move forward on anything. Being without my normal support group that I could have coffee with and recharge has been felt and missed. I am trying to be more intentional and make game plans to get things done. I feel like I am living when I am creating. The need for creating is vital for me. 

The last few months I have been spinning my wheels but I finally feel like I have some clarity and am getting some headway on a few projects. 

What have you been up to? I would love a life update from you. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage