McCalls 7862 ~ Sew With Me an Underlined Linen Dresss



I need to tell you that I really like this pattern. The sleeve variations are adorable!  

I used the View A sleeve and the View B hemline. This is a comfy, soft, easy to wear dress. Especially since I underlined it. It feels amazing on.



A few things I didn't realize until I was well into construction was:
1. The neckline has a yoke, not a facing.
2. The hem I chose is faced.

These were actually better options, but I would have cut my yoke more carefully, lining up the fabric design better, if I had realized. This was totally my fault for not investigating it.

The video has timestamps in the YouTube description if you click through to watch.

One thing I will change if I do this pattern again is to cut the top portion of the dress in a smaller size. The hip is perfect! The bust line, especially in the back is big. This is something I deal with all the time. 



The fabric is a linen blend from JoAnn Fabrics. 
Machines used: Bernina 770 QEE, Bernette 334d


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage