Crazy Crochet Lady

My hands must be busy. I type away at my computer, scribble in my notebooks, pin, stitch, rip, and crochet! I can face any day shuttling kids to a myriad of activities if my crochet bag is with me. I cannot enjoy a movie at home without a crochet project.  When the movie is exciting my hands fly and stitches flow. There is comfort in the even rows, beautiful yarns and natural warmth of the project.  I tried to count how many items I had crocheted in my lifetime.  I don't have an accurate count, but I know there are dozens of hats, 20 or so scarves, three sweaters, maybe 30 afghans, plus little amigurumi dolls, bags, purses, potholders, trivets, and on and on...  


Above is my current project.  It will be an afghan for my oldest.  She chose the yarn, I the pattern.  When I started it it went with me to the Dr. office, dance classes etc.  Now that it is getting cumbersome it is my at home project. It is made of "I Love This Yarn" in tweed and and ombre.




This is a scarf that started out as socks.  I loved the look of the socks but they fit terribly.  Out came all those hours of stitches.  This is my travelling project now. It is small enough to fit in my purse if I don't want to take my little hot pink basket that I like to keep my travel project in.  The yarn is Patons Sock Yarn.  I really like sock yarn! It is soft when stitched up, but it takes a lot.


Here are a few great crochet bloggers that I like to check in on.

Petite Purls - I made her Little Sister Hat for all of my younger nieces for Christmas.  It is a beautiful pattern! Here site is really nice.
Don't Get It Twisted - Nice photography and a real crochet enthusiast!


Sitting in my van waiting for a dance class to end I was crocheting, as usual.  I noticed that my nail polish matched my current project. This also seems usual, though not totally intentional.  Yes, those are the handles of my little project basket. 


What are you passionate about? What are you driven to create? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage