Staying on track while running the treadmill of life


All the holiday decorations are stashed back in the attic. The cupboards have been purged (mostly) of the junkie treats we indulged in for the last 6 weeks. The fridge is stocked with veggies and fruit.  Now what? 

Small bites. Most of my to do list is elephant sized projects.  "How do you eat and elephant? One bite at a time." It is overwhelming. I have loads of purging to do in closets. There are some big health issues to get under control. Add in the everyday schooling, chores, parenting, financial stresses and life surprises - it's time to go back to bed! 

Here is where I started. With me. I know selfish right? I really couldn't see me moving forward at any pace while my ongoing battle with Hashimotos wasn't in check.  Low thyroid affects every part of your body. It can wreak havoc with emotions, energy levels, and health.

I noticed my thyroid swelling again, joint pain on the increase, sleep issues creeping in. One big sign for me my thyroid is unhappy is numbness in the lips.  My body was letting me know I needed to get it together. 

The first bite was more like a meal. :) The day after Christmas I started back on the Paleo/dash diet plan. I was not perfect the first few days but wow! I felt better right away. 

Second bite. This weekend I finally took the time to make an oil blend to support my thyroid and adrenals. I will post the recipe in the wellness tab. I am also taking sulfurzyme, vitimin D, calcium, and magnesium. I also use Progessence Plus, and Endoflex blends.  
Third bite. My back is the other big thing I deal with my first injury was at 16. I have had 3 surgeries. A few discs are still bulging. The sulfurzyme is doing double duty for me it is needed in every  cell in my body. I have found Aroma Siez is great back support. I love it! My hubby told me last night I need to make sure I never run out of it. More info on how I use it in the Wellness Tab. 

My hubby has already noticed. Not that I'm losing weight (though I am), but how I'm not walking in pain constantly. That I am moving around so well! I also started stretching 15-20 minutes every night, and tracking my steps. 

A few big and small bites and I have some big things down to manageable size.  

What's next? Braces for my boy this afternoon.  We are both so excited about this. NOT!  Then, I hope to clean out just one shelf of my school closet.  

Yesterday I gave myself a gift by finishing the ironing. I know it seems crazy, but not leaving that chore partially done gave me more time today for something else.  The added benefit is my hubby has clothes for the whole week. 

I have a friend who used to call cleaning her house "blessing her house." That is what I want to do. Bless my house and all that are in it. This is where I am starting. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage