Make Your Own Vitamin C Serum

Have you heard how wonderful Vitamin C serum is for fine lines, discoloration, and boosting collagen? I am hitting that certain age where fighting the onset of aging in my skin is vital. 

I don't wear much make-up, but I have invested in all kinds of skin care products in my life. In The past two years, I have had a major shift in my approach to all the products I ingest or apply to my body.

I like to make my own products! I have always been a DIY-er.  The best part is having control of what goes into it, and it saves so much money! 

WARNING! If you have sensitive skin this can cause redness and burning. After all, vitamin C is citric acid.

I used an empty essential oil bottle. Using a dark bottle is important to keep the sunlight from affecting the serum. Also, the Citric acid has a short shelf life once it is mixed with any liquid. So a  small batch is best. It is so easy you won't mind making it every week or two.

Combine:

  • 1 tsp Vegetable Glycerin 
  • 1 tsp water (distilled is best) 
  • 1 tsp food grade citric acid 
  • a drop or two of Vitamin E 
  • Keep reading if you have sensitive skin

I shook it all up and Voila! Immediately, I patted my new serum around my eyes, on my forehead and my chin area.  My face turned a little red and I felt a bit of burning around my mouth area. Sensitive skin. So I added a tsp of coconut oil to my mix and shook it again. Much better. I follow up with  my favorite fluffy face formula. For me, this keeps the redness and burning down. Plus I have very dry skin and have to moisturize at least twice a day.  

This is now part of  my daily skin care regime. I use the serum every morning and night along with my face cream. I also do my version of the Aroma Lift massage using Aroma Life essential oil blend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage