Suburban Gardening


We grow a garden nearly every year. I am not an expert just a hobbyist gardener who loves fresh veggies. My hubby is Cheif Gardener, I am sort of Queen of the Garden. That means he does most of the tough work and I water and harvest.  ðŸ˜‰ 


This year, he reinforced the beds he made 4 years ago, weeded, and amended the soil. Then we bought plants (we have done from seed too but not this year) and I got the fun job of planting. I love that part!  We have marigolds and geraniums as companion plants in the beds with the veggies. They help attract pollinators and detract beetles and they a attractive. 


cucumber
same beds different angle



















Not only did he work on the vegetable beds, but he removed overgrown juniper from the front flower beds, and three diseased rose bushes. The beds at the front of the house got a makeover too! 

Another of my favorite things about summer is all the hanging baskets and potted plants. Give me flowers! 


geranium

The bed that had the roses now holds hydrangeas. The roses didn't do well because it is such a wet bed. I think the hydrangeas will be much happier. The back of my house is lined with hydrangeas. They are one of my favorite flowers!
hydrangea

The transplanted juniper now live by the shed. Double petunias and geraniums have moved in the juniper vacated bed. It gives the front of the house color and interest. Wave petunias are in hanging baskets and the planters on the front fence. The large pots have calibrachoa. They look like tiny petunias and are great ever blooming trailers. 


calibrocha 
double petunia




This is a lovely succulent garden my hubby surprised me with.  He bought the planter at Aldi and filled it with succulents. 💗

On and oily note. I really like peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary, or citronella mixed with water for my garden. Spend a few minutes and google all the ways you can use a few drops of EO's in water to help your garden and keep it toxin free!  


It is a little hard to see but this is a box of 1500 ladybugs. They aren't all full grown. Some are larvae some are full grown. You can get anything on the internet! We sprinkled them all over our beds. Yet another natural way to control the icky bugs in the garden. 


A few more great natural everyday items that are great in the garden for pest control or plant supplements are vinegar, diatomaceous earth, baking soda and Epsom salts.

Happy Gardening! 

Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce.
Jeremiah 29:5






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage