Making Laundry Soap in a Pinch

I ran out of my Thieves laundry soap this week. I know, big deal. In a normal week, this would be a problem but we could survive until my next monthly Young Living order arrived.




This week was not normal. We had been gone for a week and had laundry for the whole family to do before two of my kids left in 1 day for a week of camp. I had also offered to let our Youth Minister do his laundry at our house as he was doing the 1 day turn around between weeks of camp too. OOPS! 

We gave the last of our Thieves Laundry soap to our youth minister when I realized I didn't have another bottle. 

But I have a few bottles of the regular Thieves Household Cleaner (THC). So here is a quick and easy recipe to get you through. I know you hear everyone claim they use it for everything. Well, its true.




Depending on the size of your load, (I have an HE large capacity machine) in the liquid dispenser of your machine:

  • 1 capful of the THC - you can use up to 2 caps if you have an extra large load.
  • 1 Tbsp of unscented liquid Castille soap (I used Dr. Bonners Baby)
  • 1/4 cup baking soda sprinkled in washer tub over the clothes


If you need an extra boost or whitening use a scoop of OxiClean. I Use the Dollar General brand. It has the same ingredients and is much cheaper. It's just peroxide! 

Usually, I use my wool dryer balls with a few drops of geranium, purification, or citrus fresh in the dryer. One of my college girls is very allergic to wool. I don't use them while she is living at home with us so she doesn't have a reaction to a towel or blanket that came in contact with wool. I do spritz the dry laundry with my purification spray at the end to give it that wonderful clean smell.




Here is the post about the Purification Spray with the recipe.

I know many people that just use the Thieves cleaner to wash their clothes. It works great all on its own. Until the Laundry soap came out it was one of the best, safe options out there that really worked. 

I use the diluted THC to spot treat laundry all the time. I keep a bottle in the laundry room just for this purpose. 



Happy cleaning!

If you are interested in more DIY cleaning recipes, here is a post on making foaming pods for the dishwasher and toilet! 

Want to get your own Thieves cleaner or laundry soap? 
Click here Young Living

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage