Curveball - Big Changes & New Stages


I am a 47-year-old woman with 2 grown children in college and one half-way through high school. My husband is about 10 years from retirement. We are in the settled down and settled in stage of life.  I have ministries I love and a rewarding part-time job where I feel like I make a difference. I would say content pretty well sums up life for us.

Well, things are about to change and change fast! This summer began with a fast trip to move the college kids out of the dorm and home for a short 2 months, before settling them in their apartment back at school. One college daughter didn't even come home but left immediately for a 2 week trip to the east coast with one of her classes. 

Now we are prepping our home of 6 years in a community we have lived in for over 17 years to move to a new state! How did this happen? I have lived in the state of Oklahoma for 41 years!

Can I tell you God began preparing our hearts last year? It is amazing how he does things. I would say a slight restlessness began to niggle at me and my husband. We thought we needed to travel, maybe get involved in a new ministry. We prayed and waited. My son, the only child left at home also began to feel it. Now, this is crazy to me. A few months later my husband was presented with a chance to move to a new state with his job. He came home and asked me what I thought. I thought - why not? We know it is not forever. Probably only a few years before another move to another state, and then retirement. We can go anywhere we please then! 

We talked with all of our children and they were positive and excited! So here we go. He starts in just a few weeks! The house goes on the market this week, hopefully. We start house hunting in a new community. I brush up on homeschool regulations in a new state. Oh, and my adventure kid that was only home for 3 weeks and is flying to Hong Kong today! She will be gone for 5 weeks, and we may move in that time! You can follow her blog (BeretMerry) and Instagram for fashion, travel, books, and sassiness. 

The way our stories are written is amazing to me. You can expect more posts on our new journey along with essential oils, sewing and who knows?

I am very excited about all the NEW happening, but I have cried my eyes out for the souls we love and leave here. I am very sad to leave my students and church family, they have blessed me beyond measure. Oklahoma will always be home. 💚

Sniffing Stress Away and Valor... 
Thankful I can do my oily thing from anywhere!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage