Inexpensive Pampering DIY's


Let's talk about Epsom salt. This simple inexpensive product is so underrated! Epsom salt will give you a good magnesium boost and is great to soothe tired muscles and relax before bed. My son often soaks in an Epsom salt bath when he has a bad headache. Studies show magnesium is vital to our health.

Here is a great article explaining some of the benefits. Medical News Today: Magnesium. 

I love to do at home pedicures. I use a cheap plastic foot tub. Start by covering the bottom with Epsom salt.



 Next, add a few drops of essential oils to the top of the salt before I drop in the water.  Choose oils that will support you at that moment. If you need to relax, try lavender or peace and calming. Feeling a little under the weather add thieves oil. Need some respiratory support, add eucalyptus and peppermint.

This time I used Tea Tree, Sclaressence, and Clary sage. They smell great, and I need their particular kids of support this night.


Then fill it half full of warm water. You want it kind of hot. I usually keep a little watering can of cold water by the foot bath so I can regulate the water temp because I tend to get it too hot.

I soak until the water cools down. Then I use a good sugar and salt scrub to get all the dead skin and rough spots off.  Keep scrolling for the recipe I use.

Then rinse, and towel dry. Now use your favorite lotion. I like the lavender lotion or sandalwood for everyday use. If I need extra moisture the rose ointment is wonderful! 


Now for making your own sugar and salt scrub for exfoliating.


I just used a zippy bag this time. I put in about half a cup of sugar and 1 quarter cup of Epsom salt. Sea salt would work too. Then drop in some peppermint essential oil and about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Then I kneaded the bag until it was well mixed. 
Choose an essential oil you love like lavender or orange. The options are endless! Peppermint is my favorite because it is so invigorating.


I use this for feet, knees, and elbows. BUT, I also use it on my armpits in the shower and my legs before shaving!
A good scrub on your limbs and pits helps your lymphatic system and gives you a closer shave! 
It clogs the razor so rinse often with hot water. 

I only make enough for one or two uses. Especially if you use it in the shower. If the container is open topped it will get too moist and not be as effective. I personally don't like to use glass in the bath area but choose BPA free plastic containers or recycle my empty containers like from the sandalwood cream.


Have you tried making shower bombs yet? Get the recipe here! They are so easy to customize and make great gifts. Using citric acid can be a bit tricky. If too much water is added they fiz up and overflow. Take it slow and add the liquid a tiny bit at a time.

One more recipe!

I take all my empty essential oil bottles and turn them upside down in a huge bowl of Epsom salt. The salt will absorb any of the lovely oil that is clinging to the bottle. This makes for the best baths! You can be discriminating and combine certain ones for a special effect. 

  • Lavender, orange, and frankincense are a great combination for calming and skin support
  • Peppermint is refreshing for after a workout
  • Tea tree is especially good in a foot bath
  • Stress Away is wonderful for bedtime baths
This makes a great gift too! 

As Rosemary is to the Spirit, so Lavender is to the Soul.
–  Anonymous


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage