Sewing Basic Underwear ~ Simplicity 8229 ~ Things I will change next time.




Sew with me a basic pair of underwear! This time we sew up Simplicity 8229. I will show you all the basics of construction and what I did and didn't like about the pattern and things I would change for the next sewing. *If you are sewing along with me, consider cutting the elastic shorter than the pattern recommends. See the end of the video for a full explanation.

If you click through to YouTube The video description has clickable timestamps.



Pattern changes (:15) Tracing off sizes (2:11) Cutting out(2:49) Finish edge of lining (3:07) Pinning lining for a hidden seam (3:37) Side seams (7:12) Undies before elastic (8:46) Measuring elastic (9:38) Pinning elastic and quartering (12:32) Serging elastic (16:21) Pinning elastic for topstitch (21:58) Testing topstitch settings (22:35) Finished garment and what I would change (24:17) Sewing Machine: Bernina 770QEE Serger: Bernette 334DS Pattern: Simplicity 8229 The fabric and pattern are from JoAnn Fabric Picot elastic: SewSassy (this is a great place for lots of lingerie supplies) Check out my TeeSpring Shop where you can get sewing related gifty things like this mug!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage