Take Me Home Country Roads


My son and I sneaked away for a few days to visit my family at their cattle ranch. 


When we pull in the guard bull is on duty. This little calf is named Spanky.  He was so tiny when born he was the size of a dog.  He has been hand fed and raised and follows around my brother-in-law like a puppy. Don't let your guard down though, he will butt strangers and beller!  I was weeding under a rose bush when that ornery calf decided to let his presence be known. I'm glad I knew he was there or I would still be untangling myself from the climbing rose.



A full day of sanding a go-cart makes for a dirty happy boy.

 Then we put him to work stripping wallpaper.  This house was built in the 40's. The oldest layer of wallpaper is corn! It looks like rows and rows of corn on the cob. I wonder what the colors were like originally. Now it is dark brown with turquoise highlights.

He gets some free time to drive the mule around. 


Here are a few shots of my mom 's lovely gardens. 
These are hardy hibiscus (with my sisters hand for scale).





It is easy to loose track of time here. The days are flying by. It is such a blessing to step back, enjoy family time, work together, play games at night after supper, laugh a lot, and make memories.

For where your treasure is there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:21


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage