The Portable Sewing Classroom

This is my van before I leave to teach sewing. There are 2 sewing machines, 20 binders, fabric, 2 cutting boards, my large tote bag with my teacher things, and a giant rolling tool box.
I travel once a a week to teach sewing at my son's home school group. That giant rolling toolbox has sewing supplies like scissors, pins, tape measures etc. as well as handouts. I bring it back and forth every week. Hopefully most of the rest of the items will be stored at the facility. Every week we put up and tear down a complete sewing classroom for 5 students at a time including 5 machines, ironing boards, and cutting boards. By the end of the 8 hours of class I will have 29 students, boys and girls, junior high and high school ages come through my classroom.  

This one day each week is such a blessing to me! I love teaching a skill to my students, but even more is the spark of creativity that grows through the year. These creative kids do amazing things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage