What to diffuse with the PSK

Did you just get your Premium Starter Kit from Young Living? Are you sniffing all your bottles and wondering what to try in your diffuser? 




It is a big decision. We don't want to waste our lovely oils and what if we get a weird combo and pump it out into the room? 

Here is a little information to help you get started. 

  1. Use good water in your diffuser. If you live in an area with hard water, use filtered or distilled. 
  2. Remember to clean your diffuser often. Wipe it out (gently) between uses, and clean with alcohol every 4-5 uses. Watch that you don't get any liquid down inside the vent hole! 
  3. Start slow and light. Diffuse for 30 minutes and see how your system reacts. Oils are potent and some can cause our bodies to want to slough off all the toxins inside. That is good but doing it quickly can feel bad. 😳



So what to diffuse and why?


Many of the oils are great on their own. 

  • Purification: light, clean, fresh, and citrus-y. I love this one for a fresh house. It is great on the funky orders you get from living with pets, children, husbands... 
  • Lavender: most people love this one. It is great for a calm relaxed atmosphere. Many diffuse this one at night or to aid in relaxation. (add to your bath too!)
  • RC: it stands for respiratory control. The smell is fresh, it has many eucalyptus varieties in it. Great for sinus support too.
  • Thieves: go lightly here. It smells like Christmas to me. But this is one can cause detox if used for long periods. It is great for immune support. I use this one when we are starting to feel sickies attack. I also blend it with orange for true holiday scent.
  • Peppermint: diffuse this one in the morning for a boost. Or during the day to keep the energy going. Fresh and minty!
  • Stress Away: is a bonus oil in the kit. I LOOOOVE this blend. It has a vanilla scent. Diffuse this at night to aid in relaxation or sleep. I have another blend for this oil in last week's post. 


What about mixing the oils?
  • Lavender, peppermint, lemon: this smells nice and is great sinus support. This is my spring go-to.
  • Stress Away, lavender: RELAX and chill blend. 
  • Purification with Lemon, or lavender. This is personal preference. One is more bright and citrus, the other leans toward a soft gentle scent.
  • RC, lavender, peppermint, lemon: Super sinus support plus it smells Amazing!


What about Digize, Panaway, Copaiba and Frankincense? 
You can diffuse all of them.
  • Digize: I personally don't like the anise in it so I apply it all the time, but never diffuse. You may love it though. Sniff first. 
  • Panaway: smells like root beer to me. Ha! I covet this oil for muscle support so I never diffuse it so I have it to apply.
  • Copaiba: has a very light nice scent. It is another that I need for support for my son. It doesn't get diffused often because it is a needed to apply and ingest. 
  • Frankincense: I love the scent and will diffuse once in a while. It is another that we need for support. I apply this every day and so does my son and daughter. It is great with lavender, thieves, or lemon. 
Get experimenting! Share if you find a lovely blend. 💗

Want your own Premium Starter Kit? Get Me A Kit!


You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of joy more than your companions.  Psalm 45:7
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage