Healthy Hair - Natural Support

Hair is sort of a big deal to me. I have always had thick hair for a blonde. But I started losing hair in my mid-forties and it freaked me out!  I immediately started researching reasons for my sudden shedding. 

The main reason women around my age start losing hair is hormones. I know... Finding supplements to help me balance my body was my new mission. Well, it was super easy. 

The first thing I tried was right on target, Progessence Plus. I added Endoflex a few months later to support my endocrine system and I have been a happy camper ever since in the hormone department. 

After I that I began looking for good hair products that were natural, safe and nourished my dry straw-like mane.

The first thing I added to my routine was Cedarwood essential oil. A few drops on my scalp after I wash my hair and a quick scalp massage and that's it! It smells amazing! Look up all the benefits for hair. I add one drop to my mascara tube along with one drop lavender and shake it up. You will not regret it! 

If you want a few EO recipes for hair click here for a roll on and a spritz.

I since tossed my toxic products I began using Young Living's shampoo and conditioner. They are so concentrated they last forever even with my long mop! I have tried all their shampoos and conditioners, and for my hair, the copaiba products are the best. If you have normal, fine, or oily hair you might want to try the lavender or lavender mint options. There is even a volumizing option! They all smell amazing. 

Personally, I dilute both the shampoo and conditioner by half.  A little squirt in my palm and massaged into my scalp is all that is needed for the shampoo. Did you know that shampoo is really for your scalp, and conditioner is for your hair?  I just let the shampoo rinse through my hair and that's all I need. The conditioner is worked through my wet hair and I let it sit for about 2 minutes while I wash my face etc. Then rinse it out. After I towel dry my hair I sometimes will use about two peas worth of conditioner and work it through my ends and leave it in. It is great protections if you use straighteners or curling irons. 



If you are switching from traditional hair products you may need to give you body some time to adjust. I found there was A LOT of build up on my hair. It actually looked dingy for a few washings. After combing with a fine comb I discovered that it was a waxy buildup that was breaking down. Once I got it all off my hair was shiny, full and much softer!

Want to get your own awesome hair support? Get your own Young Living account.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage