Kick the Toxins and Reduce Waste

Are you still using synthetic fragrances, burning candles, using perfumed lotion? We have been doing a major cleanse at our house. That picture is the last thing that was hiding in a cabinet from our toxic past.


Did you know that nearly every personal product, air freshener, candle, wax melt, and cleaning product contains synthetic fragrance? It is surprising that the thing that draws us in, the smell, is so dangerous to our health! We have alternatives.

We diffuse true plant essential oils for fresh air and a good smelling home.

Many products claim natural scent or EO infused but are actually made in a lab - same toxin, phthalates.

So what is the big deal? They actually interrupt the brain/body connection. "In the past few years, researchers have linked phthalates to asthma, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, breast cancer, obesity and type II diabetes, low IQ, neurodevelopmental issues, behavioral issues, autism spectrum disorders, altered reproductive development and male fertility issues." -The Guardian

Essential oils are no different. Many are not true essential oils. If you can buy it at a discount store it is synthetic or may only be 5% plant based. The government allows the label "pure natural essential oil" as long as it has 5% EO in it the rest can be alcohol, carrier oil, petroleum products, doesn't matter. Synthetic EO's are phthalates! There are several tons of synthetic essential oil produced each year labeled "pure organic." Some companies add synthetic fragrance to good plant EO's to make them more desirable to a society used to strong fake scents. There is no therapeutic benefit to those, they are actually dangerous. If it has a warning label or an expiration date it's not pure EO.

If a company does not disclose the ingredients. Ask why? Do you trust them? Why is it a secret?

The article below references a few of the many studies that show the dangers.


I have many recipes on this blog on making safe cleaning products. Click here for foaming cleaning pods for dishwasher and toilet. If you don't want to make anything you can just buy Thieves Household Cleaner and clean your whole house, even laundry and dishes.



I threw out my fabric refresher and room sprays and make my own from Purification and other essential oils. Here is the link to make your own spray.


I use dryer balls with citrus oils or put a few drops on a wash cloth and throw in the dry at the end of the cycle instead of using dryer sheets.


A few of my diffusers. They are in every room, purifying the air and making it smell great!

I started ready labels and tossed my toothpaste, shampoo, makeup, you get the idea. I replaced with mostly Young Living products because they are safe and high quality. They disclose everything. 

Here is what I found. The shampoo that I used to blow through in 6 weeks now lasts 4-5 months! YL products are so concentrated I use a lot less! This saves in my budget and the environment. I throw away a lot less empty bottles and packaging. 

Since I tossed the toxic cleaning I no longer throw away a can, tube or bottle of empty cleaner. It is simple to refill my spray bottles instead of buying more products. I can't believe I used to love those toilet wands! They stained my toilet seats too. Thieves cleaner lasts forever and when I use up the bottle of concentrate I add water and a sprayer and give it to a friend to try! 

I would love to help you start replacing your toxic products with safe ones. We are so fortunate that many companies are striving to make non-toxic products for us. 


 

Get your own toxin free cleaners Young Living - get an account!

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage