DIY Sheet Masks

Sheet masks are everywhere in every price range. I have found they can be an amazing addition to a beauty routine. 

The best one I have ever used is this one. It is the ART Beauty Masque from Young Living. My skin looked amazing after using it. The mask (masque) is actually quite large and you can trim off the excess and apply it to your neck! 


So why make your own when there are so many available? Price and targeted support!

Why would you want to use a sheet mask? They are easy, not too messy, can be done at home, and really do nourish your skin if you choose the right ingredients! 

Here is how it works. Buy dry, plain sheet masks. The ones in the picture are from Diaso. They can be ordered from Amazon for $6.45 for a dozen. I think I paid about half that at the store. These masks feel like fabric and are made of cotton.





Start with a clean face. I seldom use a foundation and my favorite way to clean my face at the end of the day is with Young Livings Seedlings Baby Wipes. They smell amazing, are gentle, and clean off the makeup including mascara really well.   






Now we can get our mask ready. I use rosewater to saturate the mask and prepare it for the essential oils. Some people prefer witch hazel or even a tad of carrier oil. Choose what your skin needs. The spray bottle is the best way to get a nice even coverage.
 Then I spray on the essential oils. I have a bottle that I put Frankincense and Myrrh in with a water to mist my skin. I added a few drops of geranium and lavender. Mist to cover completely and help the mask stay on your face. 


Slap that puppy on. Because this sheet is somewhere between paper and fabric it is porous and needs quite a bit of moisture to stick to the face. The mouth hole is way too large for me. So I folded it slightly after this picture to get it closer to my lips.


I find I get the best results if I lay down for a few minutes. It keeps the mask in place and forces me to rest for a bit. Sometimes I lay a warm washcloth over my face. Masks can be cold. They almost always feel cold to me. The warm cloth helps your pores open up and take in all the nourishing oils even better.


Some people wash their face after using a mask, but I don't if it is made with essential oils. I do it right before bed and use products that I want to stay on my skin and nourish it. After I remove the mask, I put on my favorite moisturizing products. ART renewal serum is first. One small pump does my face and neck. I use it first thing in the morning and before bed. Next, a tad of Boswellia Wrinkle cream. A little dab goes forever. I apply this to my neck also. I LOVE THIS STUFF! These are my two can't live without face products. 



My after mask moisturized face ready for bed! I do a mask about once a week, but it is safe to do more often.

If you have blemish prone skin try tee tree or Melrose. Some other essential oils good for your face are rose, ylang-ylang, clary sage, sandalwood, bergamot, helichrysum, and neroli.

Full disclosure, I am closer to 50 than 40 and don't relish showing my unadorned face.  I always appreciate seeing how things work for the average person and so here I am average (almost) 47-year-old mom sharing with you.  

Don't put low-quality products on your skin. Your body does absorb it. You can actually cause more damage than good by cutting corners with quality. 

All the products I used (other than the cotton mask, and rosewater) can be ordered from Young Living Essential Oils



My son came in while I was laying on the bed with the mask on (before I applied the washcloth) and actually jumped when he saw me. He wasn't prepared for the skull like creature laying there. 
😀💀




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage