Spring Rolls for the Win!

This fresh light spring roll helps me stay on track and in my daily points. The recipe is super easy! I make a bunch and pack them with parchment paper between so I can snack for days or take them for lunch. 

Spring Roll Recipe (1-2 points each)

Spring Roll Wrappers (1 point each)
Broccoli Slaw (0 points)
Cole Slaw salad mix (0 points)
Grilled or boiled chicken (0 points)
Rice vermicelli (optional, 1 point for about .5 oz)
Cilantro (this can be left out for those who don't like it)



Here you can see my set up at my parent's house. I always roll on a wooden cutting board. If you look closely, you can see I bought pre-cooked chicken strips, and bagged salad. Saved loads of time chopping and cooking.

I keep a skillet with hot water to soften the wrappers and set up my ingredients to make it convenient.




Working quickly, first precooked vermicelli noodles, then the slaw mixes, and a strip of chicken and one or two cilantro leaves. Try to keep it in a long strip in the center. I found that if I lay the cilantro flat first then top with everything else it looks prettier when all done. 

Fold up one edge. I do the bottom or the edge farthest from me. Then a long side, then the top then roll the last long side tight.



It may take a few tries to get it tight.



Here they are packed with parchment between. That's important or they stick to each other and tear. 


Add shrimp for zero points or avocado instead of meat to keep it vegan.  I like to dip it in Mae Ploy Sweet Chili sauce. 1 point for 1 Tablespoon.
Peanut dipping sauce or just plain soy sauce is good too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage