DIY Non-Toxic Wax Melts


One of the many things I replaced in my home was all the fragrance products.  I no longer use store-bought air fresheners, most candles, and wax melts because of the toxic fragrance in them. 

I think I was saddest about the wax melts because I had so many cute warming pots. I found it was easy and very inexpensive to make my own. I also noticed that the fragrance was purer.

The easiest way to use your wax warmers is to put a little coconut oil in a drop or two of pure organic food extracts like vanilla or a few drops of essential oil. That is is it! Essential oils are heat sensitive and if you have super hot warmers they may not work as well. I have had good success with mine though. Also, not all food extracts smell good. If you choose to go that route it will take some trial and error. Vanilla is usually pretty safe though. 


Pure Coconut oil with 1/4 tsp pure vanilla and 2 drops Young Living cinnamon bark essential oil.

It separates a bit when warm and isn't that pretty to look at.  
The wax melts below don't separate!

I like to make traditional wax melts that can be stored and given as gifts. It is soooo easy!

Gather up some cute candy molds because this is going to be your favorite new DIY!

The base recipe is super easy:
1/2 cup beeswax pellets (pastilles)
1/2 cup pure coconut oil
Melt in a double boiler over medium/low heat. Once fully liquid remove from the water bath and add your scents.

Keep scrolling for scent recipes!




Pumpkin Spice: The pumpkin mold was perfect for this. To the recipe above add 15 drops cinnamon bark, 5 drops clove, and 5 drops nutmeg. It filled the mold with just a tiny bit left over that I scraped right into my wax warmer and put it to work. 




Coconut lime: to the wax mix at the top add 1 tsp pure coconut extract and 20 drops Young Living Lime Essential Oil. 


Pine forest recipe:
To the base recipe above add 10 drops pine, 5 drops Idaho Balsam Fir, and 5 drops Northern Lights Blue Spruce.

Peppermint:
To the base, recipe add 20 drops peppermint and 1 tsp vanilla extract.  (I made these in snowman and candy cane shapes.)

I don't like to add color but you might. There are some good natural food colorings made from vegetables available.

Now you can start experimenting with your favorite scents. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage