Simple Custom Art with the Silhouette Cutter

I am still working on making my Kansas house feel like home. The more of my own creations I incorporate the more it becomes home. 


This is my inspiration. I actually just started playing around with fonts and colors to get a general idea. 


It is so easy to design a simple stencil on the Silhouette!


This is a 36x24 inch canvas. I painted the area I want the stencil to cover in gold metallic and let it dry. You can see the stencil tucked under the canvas. Next, I started dropping the colors I wanted to blend along the top. 


These are the colors I chose plus black and white in case I needed them. 


Vinyl doesn't stick very well to canvas or painted canvas. You can use a spray adhesive to help. I chose to just be careful and brush gently.  This is just a dry brush with strategically dropped paint. 



It says "savor" and ties all the colors together on the main floor of the house.



Don't forget to paint the edges of the canvas if you aren't going to frame it.



I am very happy with this technique and have plans for more fun projects like it! 



Here is my first attempt at painting with a stencil I cut on my Silhouette. I designed the stencil with my essential oil Facebook group page name.  The board was first painted a Tiffany Blue. Once dry, the stencil was applied. Then a lavender was spray painted over the entire board. I pulled off the stencil while the paint was slightly tacky. 

I set this sign on a little tripod when I teach classes.

Next project holiday decor!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage