Making Tab Backed Curtains

It takes a while for a new house to feel like home. For me, it is all the personal touches.  


I finally got my sewing space set up so I can work again! This room is larger than my last one but it is in the basement and has NO windows! UGH! I am so thankful that the Bernina has so many wonderful lights on it or it would be a nightmare to sew in there. I am working on getting some better light and we will eventually open up the rest of the basement allowing natural light in.


This is a lovely Waverly fabric I ordered online. Our new house has high ceilings and I needed 9 yards to make two curtains! 😲 I also bought 9 yards of plain curtain lining. It is actually very easy to make lined curtains. A lined curtain will last longer, hang better from the rod, and block light better. Plus, it just looks finished and professional.



I chose to make the tabs out of the lining to conserve the more expensive fabric. I want to make a few throw pillows out of the remnant.


Look at that beautiful stitch.  I am such a nerd about a pretty stitch. This machine never disappoints!


Here are the curtains pressed and hanging over the table ready to be put up!


In the window! Now you can see why I like the tab back. It makes the curtain fall in even pleats and always looks neat. 


I like the slight puddle on the floor. Another nice thing about making your own items is you get to make them as custom as you want!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage