New Years, Life Organization & Bullet Journaling

Confession time. I have a thing about office supplies. Journals, colorful pens, decorative tape dispensers, sticky notes with cute sayings... I'm a sucker for all of it. I love organizational tools too. I don't always use them but I have them just in case. 




This year I am not doing resolutions. I really quit that a few years ago. Instead, I want to make new habits and see progress. Perfectionism has been a problem for me and this method is one way I can stay out of that never-good-enough putting-too-much-pressure-on-myself loop so I can actually get things done and move forward. 




The first page of my first bullet journal.




Planners are a way of life for me. I use the Google calendar and regular planner. It seems like double the work but for me, it is very helpful. I like being able to quickly put in an appointment on my phone and later putting it in my journal style planner and to see the big picture and plan out the future. 



The bullet journal has been on my radar for a while. The creative options are so appealing to me, but the completely customizable set up is what finally pushed me to buy a dot grid style journal.



Some of the things I want to be more consistent on is meeting my blogging goal of posting every Monday. In 2018 I was 80% on target! WOO HOO! Out of 52 weeks I posted 43 times. Considering there was a big move in there I feel pretty good about that statisitc. :)



For 2019 I wrote out the date of every Monday with space to add a title for the blog post. Each month is a different color to make it easier for me. The next page is for jotting down ideas that I can go back and flesh out later. 


Something that has been missing in my life is reading for fun. 2019 bring on the books! (Then I will write the titles on this fun page one I have inked it and added some color.)



This is real life and I have things I NEED to get done. My weight is always a struggle. I know I will move more easily and have less pain if I can get back to a healthy size.  Also, I will reward myself when I reach the 10-pound goals. Rewards are non-food things like buy a new purse (purses still fit while you are losing weight). Lady times are still a thing for me and this is an easy way to keep track.



The move changed so much for me. I am not teaching for now which means more time to create! I miss teaching but I love creating.  I really hope I am so productive that I fill up these pages and have to make more before the year is done. 



The "create" page is to dump all my ideas for sewing, art, vinyl, crochet, you get the idea.


It has been two years since I read the entire Bible in a year. I have done this quite a few times and I like reading it chronologically best. I thought it would be clever to write out the daily readings and make a checklist. WELL, it takes up five pages and I am still writing in the verses... 


There is a page for me to write down verses I want to do more study on following the checklist. It was boring so I didn't take its picture. 


The habit tracker is monthly. So I will make a new one each month and change it up as needed.  Some pages I am still working on are for my Young Living classes, posts, etc.

There are loads of Pinterest boards and YouTube tutorials for bullet journals if you are ready to jump in. Another way to search for ideas is "BuJo."

See you in the new year! 

“It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” 
― Eleanor Roosevelt, former first lady of the United States

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage