Making Gift Baskets for Events

Our church does a silent auction in the spring and I love that I can donate to a good cause and share about my oily business. I have also donated items to teacher appreciation events. 


Here is the adorable metal basket I found at Hobby Lobby ON SALE!! I went in planning on using my 40% coupon on a basket but half off is even better, and I used my coupon on something else! 

This basket is shallow with two birds perched in one corner. I love it and want to go back and get myself one. 

I bought an inexpensive but large capacity diffuser from Amazon. I have the box with the cord and directions that I will send home with the winning bidder. The basket looks much nicer without it though. 

Next, I added a hand crocheted cotton cloth. I make these all the time because  I can't sit still. I have to always be doing something. Which means I have a few hanging around the house. It looks special with the ribbon band around it.  I recycled a Thieves Household Cleaner bottle by adding a sprayer and diluted cleaner. I added a sticker to the side to make sure they knew it was diluted. 

The nice thing about re-using the bottles is it has all the great information about the cleaner on it and the label looks nice. 



For the essential oils, look for ones that aren't too expensive, you have lots of, and most people would like. Lemon and Lavender Vitality were perfect for this project. I bent the wired ribbon and tacked it into the shape I wanted then dropped a small dab of hot glue on the lid of the oils to get them to stay in place and not roll away.  The glue just peels right off. It isn't shown in the picture below, but I used a cute clothespin to attach my card to the ribbon.




I had the lavender and eucalyptus faux flowers left over from another project so I poked them in.  I like the look!


The last item in the basket is the information card. This is just typed up and taped down to scrapbook paper. Make sure to include the YL logo and your business card. The point is to get you some new business! Give a few ideas how to use the items you donated. 




 Retail value of this basket is approximately $60.  I spent less because of coupons, and promotional oils etc. but when donating don't short yourself.  

Do you want your own Young Living products? Click here to learn more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage