You have more control than you know, Part 2 household products



This week we are tackling all the toxins in our household products.

A quick note. I will be using "toxins" instead of "chemicals" when discussing the bad things in our environment. Everything God made contains the elements from the Periodic Table of chemical elements. All natural things can be broken down or discussed in elemental form or as elemental compounds. The problem is not the chemical constituents in natural items, The problem is with synthetic toxins. 

Giving up Bath & Bodyworks Japanese Cherry Blossom may seem cruel. It is your signature scent. Everyone knows you are in the room because of it. Many know you are there because they get an instant headache and their sinuses stuff up. That is what happens when our bodies are subjected to synthetic scents.  

Here is a blog I did in the past with lots of info on the dangers of synthetic toxins. I won't repeat everything here but check it out! 

For our family, because of the known brain/body disruption, cancer risks, hormonal interruptions and much more that comes with toxins and synthetics, we can't take that risk. That is why we LOVE our Young Living products. 

I have always been sensitive to perfumes and room sprays. I passed out as a teen when my job was to work the perfume counter. I got the worst migraine and tanked. I didn't know this sensitivity was fairly common and is often a trigger for headaches and asthma. 



I can't make others give up their toxins but I can control what happens in my own home. So we have switched products for laundry, makeup, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, shampoo, skin care, dishes, room fresheners, perfumes, all cleaning products, sun care, bug repellant, garden spray, and supplements.  Do you know you can even replace all your baby care products? EXCITING! We have choices. 



I didn't dump the whole house at once. I chose an area and replaced with my next few orders and then moved on.  I started with toothpaste, deodorant, and skin care. Then I needed more laundry supplies so I ordered it next. As I saw I would run out of something in the next month I would add the new better option to my next order. It didn't change my budget at all. I save money with my Thieves Cleaner. It replaced many products and is so concentrated! 

I used to be a room spray, scent plugin, candle addict. My headaches are much less since I kicked those products out of our house. Click here to learn how to make your own room sprays.


I also loved baby powder. Our hot long summers in Oklahoma make powder an essential. We switched to natural when my first child was born over 20 years ago. It was her pediatrician who recommended we not use the regular stuff and switch to something safe and natural.  Click here to learn how to make your own personal powder.

I would love to help you start your journey to natural wellness! You can learn more and even get your own Young Living account by visiting my YL Distributor Site, The Oil Can.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage