Traditional Vegan Scone Recipe Everyone will LOVE!
























I'm kinda known for my scones. They are a family favorite. We eat them with fresh fruit and a drop of heavy coconut cream for an easy lovely dessert. I found it was easy to adapt my traditional recipe and make it vegan! 

I think reading Wodehouse, and Christie as a child made me love the idea of English Teatime. When I tried my first scone recipe I was hooked. 



Ingredients:

  • 2 cups unbleached flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1/8 cup for dusting
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 1/2 (approximately) can of first pressing coconut milk
Directions:
  • Set oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and 1/3 cup sugar. 
  • DO NOT shake up the canned coconut milk. Scoop out the top 1/4 of the can's thick white part of the coconut. Add the extracts. Combine gently, it should become crumbly. Continue to add small amounts of the clear portion of the coconut milk until fully combined but not too wet. There will be some left, you won't need the entire can. I find temp and humidity may affect how much coconut milk will be needed.
  • Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pat the dough ball into a round disk about 3/4 in thick. Dust the top with the remaining sugar.
  • Using a sharp long knife cut the disk into 8 pie-shaped portions but do not separate them.
  • Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
  • Let cool before serving
Variations: 
  • Add blueberries
  • Cranberry orange -Replace the almond extract with orange, add the zest of one orange, and 1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries. (Make sure the orange has been washed and dried and only grate the outer peel, the pith will taste bitter)


Dry ingredients

with wet ingredients added but not mixed

ready to form





Cranberry orange dough!



“More and more clearly as the scones disappeared into his interior he saw that what the sensible man wanted was a wife and a home with scones like these always at his disposal.”


― P.G. WodehouseBachelors Anonymous

PG Wodehouse is one of my favorite authors. Just wanted to share that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage