Basil Vitality - Cooking With Essential Oils


Right now I am using Basil Vitality in many of my dishes and I thought I would share a few with you!

Appetizer:


  • This is my take on the classic tomato salad. I used fresh mozzarella and Roma tomatoes sliced and layered. 
  • Put about 2 tsp Himalayan sea salt in a glass dish and drop one drop basil into it. Mix it well and sprinkle over the top of the prepared tomato and mozzarella. I didn't use all my salt and you may not either. 
  • Then add cracked pepper and a bit of dried parsley. To finish, a good balsamic vinegar drizzle is nice.  


Main Dish:

This is a bruschetta pizza!

  • I had a small French bread that I halved lengthwise.
  • In a glass or metal bowl mix 1 Tbsp olive oil with a dash of salt, pepper and a drop of basil vitality 
  • Lightly brush the cut side of the french bread with olive oil mixture
  • Dice 3 to 4 Roma tomatoes and 1 green onion finely and add to the bowl that had the olive oil in it. Toss to coat.
  • top the toasted bread with the tomato mixture.
  • Top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese. 
  • Put back in the warm oven to melt the cheeses and you are ready to go. (Don't leave it too long or it will get overcooked on the edges like mine! 😜)
While the bread was on its first toasting I cooked some fresh asparagus in water, lemon juice, and a dash of salt! YUM!! Everything was ready at the same time. It took about 30 minutes total for preparation and cooking.

Both recipes are vegetarian!


Click here to read my original post on cooking with vitality oils.

Basil is a nice oil to diffuse too!  A few oils to pair it with are bergamot, peppermint, eucalyptus, or lavender. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raindrop Roller

Thyroid Support & Young Living

My Version of the Aroma Lift Massage